Subject: FW: Restitution Amalie Zuckerkandl
From: "E. Randol Schoenberg" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "E. Randol Schoenberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 14:26:47 -0700

Dear Mr. Huber,

I read your recent article in Kurier on the Neumann family and thought you
might also be interested in my recent exchange with Dr. Michael Franz about
the KunstrückgabeG and the Klimt “Amalie Zuckerkandl” painting.

Yours,

Randol Schoenberg

E. Randol Schoenberg, Of Counsel
Burris, Schoenberg & Walden, LLP
12121 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 800
Los Angeles, California 90025-1168
Tel: (310) 442-5559
Fax: (310) 442-0353
eFax: (425) 740-0483
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.bslaw.net

------ Forwarded Message
From: E Randol Schoenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:47:16 -0700
To: Alexandra Schwabl <[email-masked]>, Franz Michael
<[email-masked]>
Cc: E Randol Schoenberg <[email-masked]>, Hans Peter Huber
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Restitution Amalie Zuckerkandl

Dear Dr. Franz,

Thank you so much for sending me the letter from Prof. Jabloner.
Unfortunately, I do not see any evidence that the Beirat (or you) have
considered the fact that the decisions in the Amalie Zuckerkandl case (by
the Beirat in 2005, the Schiedgericht in 2006, and the OGH in 2008) are
INCONSISTENT with the current practices of the Beirat and your Ministry!

As I have pointed out numerous times, the original 2006 Beirat decision
(http://www.bslaw.com/altmann/Zuckerkandl/Decisions/beirat.pdf) and the
decision of the Schiedsgericht (
http://www.bslaw.com/altmann/Zuckerkandl/Decisions/decision.pdf) were based
on the assumption that the 3. RückstellungsG and related decisions of the
restitution courts did not apply to the definition of "Entziehung" in the
NichtigkeitsG §1 (which is the only restitution law mentioned in the
RückgabeG).  The OGH (
http://www.bslaw.com/altmann/Zuckerkandl/Revision/OGH.pdf ) found that it
was plausible that the Parliament in 1998 intended NOT to apply the 3.
RückstellungsG when it mentioned only §1 of the NichtigkeitsG, and theref

Subject: Restitution Amalie Zuckerkandl
From: "Schwabl Alexandra" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:37:41 +0200

Wi <<Schreiben Präs Jabloner.pdf>> th kind regards

Alexandra SCHWABL
Leiterin des Sekretariats CON2 (IV)
Bundesministerium für  Unterricht, Kunst und Kultur
1014 Wien, Concordiaplatz 2
 
Tel: +43 / 1 / 531 20 / 3690
Fax: +43 / 1 / 53 120 / 81 3690
E-Mail: [email-masked]
www.bmukk.gv.at